System turns off a couple minutes into the game

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Kordoch

System turns off a couple minutes into the game

Postby Kordoch » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:03 am

I was having issues with my computer instantly turning itself off before I was even able to finish the tutorial - I initially thought overheating, but even after maxing out all my fans and opening my case up (which lowered temps around 10C), I was still having this same problem. I can play numerous other demanding and stressful games and never do I have this problem. Running Trine on "Very Low" settings did fix the issue, but that isn't really a solution for me, so I did some more tweaking and finally found that just by disabling the PhysX on the GPU in the Nvidia Control panel was I able to completely resolve the issue. I now run at maximum settings at 1920x1200 and have no issues at all. Just thought I would post this in case anyone else is having similar problems and has a Nvidia GPU.

Vista Ultimate 64-bit
nForce 780i SLI motherboard
Geforce GTX 285
3.16 ghz core 2 duo

fb_juha

Re: System turns off a couple minutes into the game

Postby fb_juha » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Thank you, this is very useful information.

Helmutcheese

Re: System turns off a couple minutes into the game

Postby Helmutcheese » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm

It is still heat to blame.

I removed my overclock from my GPU (is stable in Crysis) and games does not give me a black screen with music still playing and PC hung any more.

This was in Demo and Full game.

AA is also said to cause issues, but at 1920x1200, I do not really need it.

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”