(Still unresolved) Stormhammer crashes game

Technical support for Trine for the Windows and PSN platforms. Please indicate your system specs and operating system in your post if you can.
Qieth

(Still unresolved) Stormhammer crashes game

Postby Qieth » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:36 pm

As i mentioned in my feedback post, using the Stormhammer sometimes makes the game lock up completely. I had previously only seen it when fighting the big monsters with crystals on their backs, but upon trying to look for the last experience (on Very Hard), i have encountered it three times just the past hour.

I will usually charge up my attack, one way or the other, and it will happen with no warning at all - the screen turns into one color completely (sky blue, blood red, or any other number of colors) and the sound goes WREEEEEEEEEE. To fix this, i have to reboot my computer.

Its a quite new computer, so it shouldn't be doing that at all.

I am running Windows 7 RC on a computer with Intel Core2 Quad 2,33 Ghz, 4 GB DDR2 Ram 800 Mhz and a GeForce 260 GTX, 896Mb graphics card.

How might i fix this?
Last edited by Qieth on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

whitebyte

Re: Stormhammer crashes game

Postby whitebyte » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:23 pm

You have good specs so I don't know, maybe graphics driver issues. You have to reboot? Why not kill the trine process in task manager?

Qieth

Re: Stormhammer crashes game

Postby Qieth » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 am

My computer is quite unresponsive when it happens.

Any Frozenbyte guys feel like doing some customer service? :)

fb_juha

Re: (Still unresolved) Stormhammer crashes game

Postby fb_juha » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm

We haven't experienced this issue ourselves. Does it help if you play on lower graphics settings or disable PhysX GPU acceleration from Nvidia control panel?

Return to “Trine Technical Support for Windows & PSN”