Can you give us more info about PS3 release?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Bobesh

Can you give us more info about PS3 release?

Postby Bobesh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Hey guys,
can you please give us some more informations about PS3 release? Whats going on? Why is Sony slowing it down again? Do you know when it will be finaly released on ps3 (for europe)? I hope it will not be same as with Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, because for europe it was delayed "just for no good reason" for nearly 4-5 months i think... which is just not good.

Thanks

ad1: Will you release demo for PSN too (if the full version will not be out yet)? Just give us something please :)

SirDrago

Re: Can you give us more info about PS3 release?

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Since im waiting for the PSN version too i have to tell you that there is no set release date. It maybe will be released next week but Frozenbyte said its out of their hands and its up to Sony to release it.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 am

The simple answer is that we don't know. It's beyond our control now, and we are hoping for the best.

There will be a PSN demo (at least that's the plan) but it will be released after the game has been released on PSN, unfortunately.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Bobesh

Postby Bobesh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:05 pm

fb_joel wrote:The simple answer is that we don't know. It's beyond our control now, and we are hoping for the best.

Well, thats bad :( Lets spam SONY with some mails why did they released crapgame ZUMA instead of awesomegame TRINE last week...
fb_joel wrote:There will be a PSN demo (at least that's the plan) but it will be released after the game has been released on PSN, unfortunately.

Thats even more bad, you dont have to release the demo at all, because everyone will just buy the real thing right away, just because its awesome :)

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Bobesh wrote:Well, thats bad :( Lets spam SONY with some mails why did they released crapgame ZUMA instead of awesomegame TRINE last week...

I wrote Sony just yesterday AGAIN about Trine and they told me AGAIN that they dont know when it wil be out.....

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:14 pm

SirDrago wrote:
Bobesh wrote:Well, thats bad :( Lets spam SONY with some mails why did they released crapgame ZUMA instead of awesomegame TRINE last week...

I wrote Sony just yesterday AGAIN about Trine and they told me AGAIN that they dont know when it wil be out.....

We neither know when it's coming out.

And again, I would ask everyone not to blame Sony, they have done great job and everything from them has been very nice towards us.

(neither you should blame us I hope! :D )

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Bobesh wrote:
fb_joel wrote:There will be a PSN demo (at least that's the plan) but it will be released after the game has been released on PSN, unfortunately.

Thats even more bad, you dont have to release the demo at all, because everyone will just buy the real thing right away, just because its awesome :)

In my opinion it was very good move to release the demo before the actual game release, whether it was intentional or not.

I so deeply hate gaming companies which release a game which I really would like to test before buying it BUT, oh deary me, they will release a demo 3 months later than the actual release of the game. So what will I do to test the game for free before buying it?

OF COURSE PIRATE IT. And what happens when I have pirated the whole full game which works flawlessly? Of course not buy the game. I will play the pirated version as long as it keeps me interested and then throw it away. IF THEY ONLY HAD RELEASED A DEMO BEFORE THE ACTUAL GAME RELEASE I would have most likely bought their game too.

It was a very nice move when the demo came out before the actual release, it gave one pre-order to frozenbyte from me. Keep it up, I really prefer more the old skool way of releasing unfinished demos before the actual game than rather releasing finished demo after the retail release of the game.

The meaning of DEMOS is to DEMONSTRATE. Show what will come, show how things are meant to work. It's meant to be the pre-hyper and give feel to people about the game.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Bobesh

Postby Bobesh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Ok ive downloaded the demo to my oldskool notebook and running it on LOW settings in window mode actually pwned the game to run smooth :) And its really oldskool notebook :) Anyway i cant wait for psn release... The demo is awesome and i cant really wait... if it will not be out on +-2.7.2009 and sony will release another ZUMA... i swear ill go to SONY and start throwing noobcakes on their building :twisted:

Eraser

Postby Eraser » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

So, this weeks arcade title on Xbox marketplace isn´t Trine, so I suspect that Trine won´t be released this week.

My guess is next week at the earliest. Too bad. :|

Edit: Okay, I just read, that XBLA version will be coming out later than PSN and PC, so there is hope that Trine will come out this week. I will keep my fingers crossed!

NewEra

Postby NewEra » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:15 pm

from what i'm reading here it sounds like games are only added to PSN once a week... when is that?

it also sounds like they only release one game each week... is that correct?

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:29 am

NewEra wrote:from what i'm reading here it sounds like games are only added to PSN once a week... when is that?

it also sounds like they only release one game each week... is that correct?

No its not just one game a week. Its every Thursday and i just looked at the US updates and its not there either....

Cortac

Postby Cortac » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 am

Is it possibile?
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/07/ ... re-update/

onlineatron

No Trine

No Punisher Demo

Well done on another rubbish update SCEE
Get your act together and start giving EU the content it deserves!

Mike Kebby PlayStation Store Team, SCEE

Trine is coming later on this year, and no demo was submitted for Punisher - to be fair, I can’t agree with you that this is a rubbish update.

onlineatron

Trine is out on Steam today.

It’s not out ‘later this year’ it’s should be out today or next week.

The 360 version has a release date of ‘later this year’

Mike Kebby PlayStation Store Team, SCEE

Not from the information I have from the team that help look after the content. Believe me, the information I get is true and not conjecture

:(

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:22 pm

:( Meh. Sony FUBARed the release date. PS3 version was meant to come out even earlier than PC version.

Heisem

Postby Heisem » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote::( Meh. Sony FUBARed the release date. PS3 version was meant to come out even earlier than PC version.

not really the reply from above was from SCEE, they usally get the content later than NA...that can explain the delay

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Ah. I see.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 am

I'm sorry for the delay of the PSN version. However, as it's not in our hands (at least most of it), we don't know when it's coming and there's very little we can do to speed up things. But, like you all, everyone at Frozenbyte hopes it would be soon! :)

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:36 am

FB_Lauri wrote:I'm sorry for the delay of the PSN version. However, as it's not in our hands (at least most of it), we don't know when it's coming and there's very little we can do to speed up things. But, like you all, everyone at Frozenbyte hopes it would be soon! :)

It probably comes out in one month or so. I seriously dont expect it to come in the next 2 weeks.....

decoy

Postby decoy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Considering issues with PC version people are having, form glitches to errors i wonder if total blame goes to Sony alone for PSN version.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:40 pm

decoy wrote:Considering issues with PC version people are having, form glitches to errors i wonder if total blame goes to Sony alone for PSN version.

Yeah but keep in mind that the PS3 is a closed system meaning there cant be any issues because people have different hardware setups.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:14 pm

decoy wrote:Considering issues with PC version people are having, form glitches to errors i wonder if total blame goes to Sony alone for PSN version.

Definitely there is room to blame us also, but the second anything is found we will also fix it :D

And yes, having closed system helps.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Any more info about the release for the PSN?

MisterAlex

Postby MisterAlex » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 pm

The PS3 version will still support mouse+keyboard, right?

fallacy

Postby fallacy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 pm

What's the Dev's favorite medium to play the game on?
PC XBOX PS3?

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:33 am

MisterAlex wrote:The PS3 version will still support mouse+keyboard, right?

good question. it would be a nice option at least.

tjm07090

Postby tjm07090 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:05 am

soooo... does anyone have any news on the release date for ps3? It seems that the interest has really simmered down on this subject. I really want to play it while I have time with my friends, so if I have no general idea of when it's coming out I'll just buy something else for now. I know it's no ones fault but I'm just asking for a general clue as to when its coming out. I've heard speculation in the forums from now to late summer, it would be nice if it was slightly more narrow than that. Is it hard to communicate with Sony, or is it just that some very unexpected things came up?

Still supportive just a little frustrated cause I really want to play it. btw how are sales going?

Return to “Trine”