Platinum-Club and Trophy-hints

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Nerix

Platinum-Club and Trophy-hints

Postby Nerix » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 am

Just a thread for those, who have achieved the Platinum-Trophy on the PS3-Version and those, who wants to but need some help ;)

Perhaps it would be also interesting, to here some frustrating moments on some trophies... The most difficult trophies in my opinion:

"Better than Developers!" First of all I thougt, I´ll never get this trophy, but looking back, it was easier than I thought it would be (probably I just had a lucky run :wink:). But when I managed to reach the top, I really thought all the time "just don´t die now against these scelettons or bats..."

"Master Collector" There were really some mean hiding-places, took a while to find them all...

"Master Ninja" This one took quite a while as well... Just try it without hitting the X-Button in between (just R2 or square), search for a long wooden bridge or something similar (can´t remember the exact level where I got this one)

"All Boxes And No Play…" Not difficult, but absolutely boring and senseless... Fortunately the only trophy, about which I can say this.

Rapante

Re: Platinum-Club and Trophy-hints

Postby Rapante » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeaaaah freshly baked Platinum Trophy :) my 5th! :D

Nerix

Postby Nerix » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Nobody else with Platinum? ;)

DeanoIV

Postby DeanoIV » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 am

Hi. I really really need some help with the What a view! trophy. Can anybody help me?

How do I manage to create 12 objects when I can only create 9 at the same time? It's been really puzzling me. Anyone able to tell me what to do to get this trophy?

Also does anyone know the best place to get 3 kills with one thrown object or drop?

And, which is the best level to complete without killing any enemies?

Please help me, I need this last three trophies to platinum then I will be very very happy indeed :)

DeanoIV

Postby DeanoIV » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:58 am

No worry, I just worked them out for myself and finally got the platinum.

What an awesome game!! I really hope there'll be a Trine 2 or some downloadable content from the PSN like some new levels and trophies. Really enjoyed this game. Anyone with a PS3 must get this off the store now!

Beeth

Postby Beeth » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:08 pm

DeanoIV wrote:Hi. I really really need some help with the What a view! trophy. Can anybody help me?
How do I manage to create 12 objects when I can only create 9 at the same time? It's been really puzzling me. Anyone able to tell me what to do to get this trophy?

Special items allow wizard to create additional objects. Look in inventory and shuffle around to give wizard what he needs.

DeanolV wrote:Also does anyone know the best place to get 3 kills with one thrown object or drop?

Any? :) Let warrior pick up something and throw it and incoming skeletons.

Nerix

Postby Nerix » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm

EDIT: Forget about it, I didn´t see that you already managed to get the Platinum ;)
DeanoIV wrote:How do I manage to create 12 objects when I can only create 9 at the same time? It's been really puzzling me. Anyone able to tell me what to do to get this trophy?

You have to equip two special items, which give you the ability, to summon 6 instead of 4 Cubes/planks

DeanoIV wrote:Also does anyone know the best place to get 3 kills with one thrown object or drop?

Just summone a plank above a few skelettons.

DeanoIV wrote:And, which is the best level to complete without killing any enemies?

The last level on easy ;)

smithy

Postby smithy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Just got platinum with this game - my first ever! Final trophy was "Better than developers" which probably took about 5-10 goes over half an hour.

Quite a funny story concerning on of the latter tries: Managed to get to the top without dying for the first time and was trying to think of a way to create platforms quickly without being hit by enemies. Ran over to the very right of the screen and starting taking out enemies with the knight... so far so good. Created a triangle and platform across to the end... great! Swung over to it with the thief and one jump away from getting my first platinum... and a spiked ball spawns on my head!

Managed to pull it together eventually and made the trophy on my second time of getting to the top. Well done to everyone who's managed it.

aphexLOX

Postby aphexLOX » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:34 pm

*Ding* Add one more to the Platinum-Club list!

Favorite trophy by far was Better Than Developers. Also the most difficult (of course). Never have I felt a greater sense of accomplishment receiving a PS3 trophy. Might also make a distinction between those who got this trophy pre-patch (whenever it is released for U.S.), as it's going to nerf the Tower of Sarek difficulty haha :P.

Edit: spelling

aphexLOX

Postby aphexLOX » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Also, heres a link to a post I made regarding all PS3 experience and item locations throughout every level. Its a step-by-step guide to getting all of them for the trophies.
http://frozenbyte.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2188&start=0

Return to “Trine”