Help needed to implement codes for Shadowgrounds

All discussion about Shadowgrounds.
apanko33

Help needed to implement codes for Shadowgrounds

Postby apanko33 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Am playing this magnificent game with my grandson, using the Logiteck gamepad. We're playing on a PC, & we're doing pretty well getting through the levels, but now we're gettin eaten-up by the enforces and the maulers. I read the discussion forums on this web site, to learn how to implement the "immortal" code, so as to make the game more enjoyable for those involved - but I can't seem to understand how to do it. When I try to enable the console with the "F8 botton" nothing happens ... so I'm stuck. Do I have to do something to the Keybinbs file first, do I have to alter the Config file, do I have to Debug something, ... or what? I'm lost.

Could someone please help, and, give me a simple walkthrough on how to implement the Shadowgrounds codes. Any rendered courtesy would be deeply appreciated. I thank you in advance .....................apanko33!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:14 am

This could be slightly dependent on the [country] version you have, but try this:

Press 1+SPACE+F12 simultaneously. You should get "Developer keybinds". Then just press F6 to enable immortality, F7 for all weapons and F5 to warp forward a bit.

If it doesn't work, let me know. (The console should open from F8 even with default keybinds, though, so that's quite odd.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

apanko33

Still can't access Developer Keybinds

Postby apanko33 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:54 am

[quote="fb_joel"]This could be slightly dependent on the [country] version you have, but try this:

Press 1+SPACE+F12 simultaneously. You should get "Developer keybinds". Then just press F6 to enable immortality, F7 for all weapons and F5 to warp forward a bit.

If it doesn't work, let me know. (The console should open from F8 even with default keybinds, though, so that's quite odd.)[/quote]

Thanks for the very kind & rapid reply - BUT - the above doesn't work. We are playing in the US (Pennsylvania). Still can't access the above or even get to the console to open up. Pressing "1+SPACE+F12" together puts squiggly lines on the game setting. Pressing any other button does nothing. Please continue to HELP ....... Thanks ..........apanko33

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:51 am

I just sent this via email too:

Download:
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/savega ... rofile.zip

And unzip it to the main Shadowgrounds directory. Then take a backup copy of the Profiles folder (just copy it to some other place) just in case... then go to the game, start a new singleplayer game, and try to press 1+SPACE+F12 simultaneously again while in normal game screen. You should get a normal dialogue box saying "Developer keybinds enabled"... then F6 for immortality.

If it doesn't work, then I'm very puzzled. I'd need to get to work to check possible reasons for that and I can't do that until Tuesday, so there can be a bit of a delay in that case. :(

(You could also try F8 again while in the game, I don't see why it wouldn't pop up the grey console screen... if you can get that up, then we have some alternative ways to enable the codes, so let me know.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Ok I think I have solved this with a hack fix, so if anyone else has this problem/situation, let me know... :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

oldjoe

Postby oldjoe » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:14 pm

I too have problems implementing codes i have the north american version of this game and get killed off at the reseach station would love to at least be able to stay in game longer with the immortal code,have updated with the 1.04 patch yet still no help, any help would be greatl appreciated

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 am

Try the 1.05 patch first,
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/patche ... ch_105.exe

If it doesn't work, then download
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/help_g ... folder.zip

This zip should give you immortality in all levels after 10 seconds.

Here's unzip instructions:

1. Use the "extract here" function of the unzip program. This way the files should go to
the right places and you should be asked to overwrite... If there is no such feature in
your unzip program, then manually unzip and choose the folder as the main Shadowgrouds
folder.

2. Alternatively, if you already extracted the files and they went to a folder
"SG_Immortality_extract_to_SG_folder-1" folder, then go to that folder, and manually move
the files to correct directories:

- Copy BOTH folders, i.e. Config and Data folders from the directory
- Go back once so you are now in the main Shadowgrounds folder
- Paste the folders now (either CTRL+V or right-click with the mouse on an empty spot and
choose "Paste" from the drop-down menu)
- Windows will ask you to overwrite, click yes two times

Now the files should be in place... Let me know!

(Basically the autoexec.dhs and autoexec.dhps files go to \Config, and the stuck.dhs and
stuck.dhps files go to \Data\Scripts folder, and if you'd do this manually you would need
to create the Scripts folder under Data manually.)

Let me know if it helps.

If you want all the cheat codes working, using the Developer Profile might help...
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/savega ... rofile.zip

(But this didn't work for the original poster, so I'm not sure if it will work for you either.)

Cheers,
Joel
Frozenbyte team
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Shadowgrounds”