Problem

Have a problem with Shadowgrounds or Shadowgrounds Survivor on the Windows platform? Post here.
Daeger

Problem

Postby Daeger » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:13 pm

So, Im having a liiiittle problem in this level where you have to repair that satellite hatch or something, the level works fine until I step in to a little path between two rocks, my PC reboots itself, I have played this same level in to same place like 5 times with the same result, I don't know what's the problem, my PC is: Amd Athlon 1800Mhz, 1Gb ram, Geforce 4 Ti4200 64Mb and I have high/medium settings, game is running smoothly and nice no problems at all.

Daeger

Postby Daeger » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:14 pm

hehe... sry for double post but I forgot to tell you that this reboot happens during that mission when you have to find that military base inside a rock or something, I think this path leads to there.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 am

This bug is discussed in a dozen threads. Read these forums more carefully! You just have to try so many times you are allowed to continue from that point. Arwyn will tell you.

Ole Ole

Postby Ole Ole » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:36 pm

And it really doesnt semm to matter, cause nothing happens, when u got a problem!

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:05 pm

Sampo wrote:This bug is discussed in a dozen threads. Read these forums more carefully! You just have to try so many times you are allowed to continue from that point. Arwyn will tell you.

You could give me a link or something if it has been discussed..

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:04 am

Uh-oh... This sounds pretty serious. I'll bring this up tomorrow and see what could be the problem. (FYI to active users, I _still_ haven't had the time to go through the old threads.)

Anyway, have you seen fog in the canyons? If not, then I suggest you turn off some graphical options, because I know that soon after you enter the canyons, there should be some fog (i.e. this bug could be related to the fog)... but I'll ask the coders tomorrow.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:11 am

Um, I think I mixed things here. Arwyn has nothing to do with this (this time) and I probably somehow accidentially answered to a wrong post. Sloppy reading of the first post I guess.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:53 pm

Ok, so the problem is most likely caused by a water pool near the canyons (procedural texture(s) for those with technical knowledge). To get past this, you have two choices:

- Set the Launcher to Low or Very Low settings
OR
- In the Launcher Advanced menu, select Low or Very Low in the Misc box (lower-left corner).

Let me know if this works (it's the only explanation we have right now).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Technical Support for Windows”